Shrimp in the aquarium.
When the shrimp appears in your aquarium, after some time you have a desire to breed them. But if you have ideal conditions for keeping shrimp in the aquarium, then the word “breeding” here will not be very appropriate. Rather, the word “reproduction” would be more appropriate. After all, shrimp will begin to multiply intensively and soon they will capture all corners of your aquarium.
And then you have another question. How to get rid of them or reduce their number.
Shrimp Ways to reduce the population.
There are several ways to reduce the number of shrimp in the aquarium. Chemical, biological and mechanical. The first two methods are effective, but rather cruel.
The chemical method.
The fact is that shrimp react very negatively to certain types of drugs. They will be practically harmless to fish, but deadly fatal to shrimp and their caviar. And if you set a goal, then you can pick up such a tool. You just have to siphon the bottom and remove the dead shrimp. This method will kill even very small, invisible shrimp and caviar and give 100% result.
The biological method.
If you do not want to completely get rid of shrimps, but only want to catch and transplant them, or give or sell, then the mechanical method will help us.
I must say right away that catching shrimp with a butterfly net in an aquarium planted with plants is an almost useless and ineffective activity. Therefore, it is necessary for the shrimp to catch themselves. And for this, a homemade trap with a bait, which can be made in half an hour and which costs practically nothing, is suitable. Next step by step instructions and visual video.
Shrimp Homemade trap.
1. We take an empty plastic bottle.
2. Cut off the part from the top and bottom of the bottle.
3. In order to make holes in the plastic, we need a construction knife and an awl, or a screwdriver. And in order to cut and make holes with little effort, just heat the tools on the gas stove.
4. Making holes.
5. We tie a line to lift the trap from the aquarium.
6. First I left the cork, but the holes were not enough, so I also cut it off. At the bottom of the lower part we put weighting, for example small stones.
7. Then we lower it to the bottom and add bait. For example, moth, frozen Cyclops, tablets for shrimp and so on. We catch.
Process on video:
Do not leave the shrimp trap permanently unattended. There is no water flow inside, so shrimp can suffocate. Plus, the fish swim in a trap and snails crawl.
And so, for the first 15 minutes, we managed to catch approximately 20 shrimps. So, in order to reduce the shrimp population in an aquarium, it does not take too much time.
Read more: Plants in the aquarium:
- Cichlids (Cichlidae): How to Equip Aquarium in 2020? 2020-03-18
- Algae in the aquarium? How to win? Personal experience (+ Photos)! 2019-09-15
- CO2 Reactor and Diffuser in the Aquarium. How to choose? 2019-08-10
- CO2 Aquarium Generator: Launch! With Photos and Videos! 2019-07-11
- Cancer Dwarfish Mexican Orange (Cambarellus patzcuarensis): Overview! 2019-04-26