Recently, our guests were relatives from abroad, and knowing about my hobby for aquarists, we wanted to make a small gift - to buy any fish in the pet store, at my discretion.
Although the choice in the local store is not very big, but some fish immediately attract the eye with their appearance. And lyalius - one of these fish. Especially cobalt or neon red.
They are so bright that when photographing these fish very often they get overexposure on photos.
What is this fish?
The keeping of these fish presents no difficulties. The presence of the labyrinth apparatus in the dwarf gourami, tells us that they breathe atmospheric air and are absolutely not demanding on the composition of the water. Therefore, this fish even for novice aquarium lovers can be recommended.
The only thing is to cover the aquarium with the lid so that the temperature of the water and air at the surface coincide. Otherwise, the fish may catch a cold.
Also, a huge plus for beginners is that they don't need a huge aquarium. They will feel good even at 10 liters per individual. But since the fish are quite shy, the presence of thickets and soil in the aquarium is necessary. Plants will also help to avoid fighting for territory between males.
Although in nature they feed mainly on insects falling into the water, they feed on all kinds of food in the aquarium. Both frozen and dry. They love to eat, but usually they do not overeat, and they have no problems with obesity.
Lalious - compatibility.
From my own experience I will say that they easily live with scalars, swordtails, neons, danios, butterflies apistograms. The only one, the pearl male gouras tried to attack Lyalius at first. But then he calmed down, and now does not pay attention to them at all.
Conditions of detention:
- The water temperature is 23-28 ° C.
- The volume of the aquarium from 10 liters to one individual.
- Water parameters are not exacting.
- Compatibility - peaceful.
- Feeding is omnivorous.
- Life expectancy is 4 years.
Lyalius - a great aquarium fish, which is suitable for beginners and in a small aquarium.
I also want to dispel the myth that the bright breeding forms of Lelius are usually imported, do not live long and are difficult to divorce.
Other Aquarium Fish:
- Tetra Penguin (Thayeria Boehlkei) or Tayeriya Krivopolosaya: Contents! 2018-08-18
- Loricaria Rio Atabapo (Loricaria Rio Atabapo) or “Crying Whiptail”. Content! 2018-11-03
- Algae Eater (Crossocheilus siamensis) and Algae: Debunking the Myth! (Eats or Doesn't Eat?) 2018-09-05
- Ternetia Glo (Gymnocorymbus Ternetzi): First Meet! + Video! 2019-03-12
- Apistogram Ramirezi (Microgeophagus Ramirezi): Butterfly in the Aquarium! + Breeding! 2018-06-26