After choosing and buying an aquarium, the next very important step on which the safety of your housing and the housing of your neighbors depends on the bottom is its installation. And although the quality of aquariums is now at a very high level, and the manufacturer’s warranty for silicone seams, against leakage, reaches 7 years, it’s best to do everything right at the beginning.
- The aquarium should be very stable.
- The aquarium should be leveled, without any distortions of levels, otherwise the water pressure on one of the walls can squeeze out the glass.
And what if the floor is wooden or covered with a laminate, there are skews and vibrations?
Here is my answer, for example JUWEL VISION 180 with stand.
- We order in the furniture workshop the second floor for the aquarium stand.
- We buy in DIY or on the Internet strong metal adjustable legs, with height, based on the thickness of your wooden cover.Check the height can be a thin drill to the concrete.
- We put on the floor and mark the place of the holes for the legs.
- Buy in DIY or on the Internet drills for large holes.
- We drill. If the thickness of the wood or the laminate is large, the drill can get very hot. I used water for cooling.
- We set and adjust the bottom by level.
- We install a stand and an aquarium.
8. Check the level. . For reliability, you can also screw the cabinet to the wall using metal corners.
9. And one more important advice!
If you have a large aquarium and live not on the first floor, insure an apartment. Now it's not expensive, and you can sleep peacefully. Just choose the insurance that would cover not only your damage, but also neighbors from the floor bellow.
- Cichlids (Cichlidae): How to Equip Aquarium in 2020? 2020-03-18
- Algae in the aquarium? How to win? Personal experience (+ Photos)! 2019-09-15
- CO2 Reactor and Diffuser in the Aquarium. How to choose? 2019-08-10
- CO2 Aquarium Generator: Launch! With Photos and Videos! 2019-07-11
- Cancer Dwarfish Mexican Orange (Cambarellus patzcuarensis): Overview! 2019-04-26